Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Life -Not Up For Debate: part #1

It saddens me to think that in this day and age we actually have to fight, to protect human life. The justification to end life due to progressive disability diagnosis, inconvenient pregnancies, or for so called merciful purposes, just spins my head. To think that there are fellow humans, that live amongst us who actually believe human life is something we have the right to distinguish. No regard for God's creation and purposes. No regard for my peers who live with many of these same diseases or diagnosis,' that others want to be killed because of. 

The phrase "Dying with Dignity," is often used as an excuse to justify the "cause." What many seem to be ignorant of is that it takes far more dignity to live out a difficult life, than to just snuff it out. That is the easy way out. 
My husband lives in extreme pain, and never ever would he try to end his life. Yes, he asks God to heal him from it, or to help him endure it and at times, just like myself... asks God to please take him to Heaven now! (Depending on how bad the pain is.) Of course, it isn't a pleasure living with pain and suffering and we fully understand the desire to end the pain. At the same time, we know that purposely causing your own death is wrong. It goes against everything God teaches us. In fact, it is during those difficult times that we lean on the Lord our God, with more might that on not so bad days. Learning to depend fully on the One who created us, no matter what it takes, is worth more than I can ever say. Again, yes, there are times we may ask God to remove us from this ailing body, but when He doesn't, we trust that He is caring for us. That He allows these struggles for His Higher purposes. 
[2Co 12:7-10 NLT] 7 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. 8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

If you are suffering and live with out Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, we guarantee you that the desire to check out or get swallowed up in self pity, will over take you. My husband and I spent the first half of our lives without Christ, and we would never want to live that way again. That includes when we weren't living in chronic physical pain. A part from Him, we would not be able to live life to the fullest with or without physical ailments.You have a choice to make, life with Him or with out Him. He loves you and wants to bear your burdens and may even heal you or your loved ones in pain. You have nothing to lose. Seek Him...

Below is a video I made  talking about the importance of protecting all life. As a person with a progressive neuromuscular disorder as well as growing up with many many friends, living with a range of disabilities, my heart breaks whenever I hear news stories about how those who are fighting with the court system to enable Doctor assisted suicide. 



No comments: