Thursday, April 21, 2016

MY PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT ADVERTISEMENT

drawing by me, Anita - That is supposed
to be me hanging in the hoyer lift.
For about 20 years now, due to my physical disability, I have been a Direct Funding,  Self Manager. Hiring and training people without and with, previous experience to be my “arms and legs,” Personal Care Attendants, giving me a hand with the physical aspects of daily living.
 
What I require help with is getting into and out of bed, getting dressed, transferring to my wheelchair with a mechanical lift, range of motion physio (training provided), assistance with personal care, hygiene, various aspects of housekeeping, yard work, errands and other tasks as needed.


 


If you are interested in knowing more about the PCA position in Thunder Bay, (for me) just click the video above to learn more. :o)

REQUIREMENTS
-Be willing to be trained 
- Able to follow detailed directions well.
-Be a non-smoker (I am severely allergic)
-Because I am a female, I prefer female PCAs
-Must have valid drivers license, vehicle
-If no vehicle, must live very close to Dufferin Street, Thunder Bay
-Must be physically strong, caring, flexible, trustworthy and understanding.

Due to the personal nature of a PCA, thought it would help if those interested wanted to know more about the position and me, the person in need of a hand. I have had some PCAs work for us as long as 8 years! It is a great job for someone who is seeking something with short shifts to work around another position, classes or make some extra money and receive great pay, $19.00 an hour. 

ON THE JOB TRAINING
Applicants, don't require any diplomas or certificates. What matters most to me (aside from the basic requirements) is someone who wants meaningful employment, willing to be trained on the job, is caring, and able to follow directions. Without the assistance from my PCAs, I wouldn't be able to go to or get out of bed. Super important role.

No comments: