Thursday, November 8, 2018

HeArtfully Creating: Some Thoughts and A Video: On Patreon And Earning ...

Hi, it's been a while since posting anything new on WWO. Hope you are all doing wll. It has been a busy few month creating between resting and dealing with being a middle aged, perimenopausal woman 😁😂😏😖😥😨😡, (I think these emoji's say it all!) More on the joys of aging as a woman another time! 
If you are new to WWO, my husband and I both live with physical disabilities. He's a retired letter carrier and uses a manual wheelchair due to Spina Bifida Occulta and all that can go with it, and I was born with Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 3. My legs are a power chair. My life has been and
continues to be be a great adventure. Walking Way Overrated was created to be a place to share a
variety of topics intended to not just have fun, but provide encouragement and resources for our peers and anyone interested in real life, reviews, insight and a few laughs. 

One huge area of my life is art making. Since the age of the internet, I have been enjoying creating creativity and art making tutorials for a YouTube channel and blog called HeArtfully Creating, as well as related Facebook groups and pages. See below for all those links if you want.
What's New?
Something very new that I wanted to talk about has been finally joining Patreon. That was a hard decision. Being  provided with an opportunity to earn any money to do what I love us an exciting opportunity. Because I spent most of my love not being able to work or earn a living, it is so great to see that persons living with a disability have opportunities I never did. A lot of us could earn a living if we could work at our own pace or as our health dictates, at home. So I don't repeat myself, I am sharing directly from my HeArtfully Creating blog along with a video about overcoming the talk of ignorant people if you need to be on assistance like I depended on.

So here is the rest if you are interested....
Taken from here.
Being an artist I have always wanted to earn a living making art.  After much contemplation and initially struggling with the idea of Patreon and after wanting to become a patron of other creators, I finally decided it was okay to set up a Patreon account, just to present it as an option to anyone interested. Yes, It feels weird even to talk about the idea of anyone giving any amount of money to support my creativity. Heck, I'm Not even comfortable telling people prices for my art work or setting prices in my Etsy shop. So please know that in no way do I expect anyone to make a pledge or sponsor what I do.  No matter how this adventure goes, as long as the Good Lord puts breath in my lungs, I will continue to create and share in whatever way possible.
What made me jump in?
I have concluded that if I enjoy learning from or like what other creators do, even though it's their choice to produce what they do, that to support what the do not just by giving them a thumbs up or positive comment, along with sharing their link -  by offering a dollar a month (or however much), then it helps encourage them even a wee bit to create more great content. Or it just helps to say thank you for what you do, I am watching/reading your stuff. 
Earning A Living
For many these days, creating you tube videos, tutorials and/or blogging is how they want to earn a living, hoping to leave their day job. Definitely, I can relate to that.
As an artist myself, I know the time and energy that can go into planning, filming, writing, editing, producing, and not to mention the equipment and software costs needed to provide quality visuals with good audio. (Obviously, that's not my content- yet! :0) So when I sign up to be a patron, I am simply trying to encourage them to keep doing what they do. That it may mean they can devote more time doing what they are so good at instead of having to stop creating or producing, to work at a job they don't love, to pay daily living expenses. Most folks are creating in their spare time for fun, which is great. For me, I started sharing on the internet what I do for fun, because I love talking and I really love teaching what I know, especially art making.

Not to mention, because of my life experience - living with a physical disability, and becoming a Christian, my heart feels lead to share what I have learned to hopefully encourage and help others. Makes sense since the lives of others encourages me.  Then ways became available to earn a little (for some, a lot) extra money doing what I love as a bonus. That's how I see earning platforms like,
Google Adsense (it took me about 4 years to earn $100) and Patreon (brand new to that one). Even though it works  out to .068 cents a day, it was still a rush receiving that deposit for doing what I enjoy. It definitely helps to encourage me to try harder and work even more. 

What If... When people Like, share and subscribe, as well as leaving positive comments on our pages and channels, that is a huge way to show support that I am thankful for. And these days, now having the possibility of receiving financial support to do what I love, is an added bonus making it possible to earn a living for some. 

If it is meant to be, and I am blessed with any support, depending on what happens, my hope aside to help contribute to our living expenses, but also (my dream list)  to obtain better equipment to record quality video tutorials and vlogs as well as editing software and such. Having a means to record videos and photos in a better way, have lighting, and a microphone, proper editing software and such would mean it would be possible to create a more enjoyable viewing and listening experience. Not to mention improving our internet speed/equipment for uploading the videos for our channel. If it didn't get so frustrating trying to upload, I would post more of them. In fact, the video for this post took about 4 attempts and a total of 5-6 hours to finally get it uploaded properly. Not sure why but on average, it takes about 2-3 hours or more to upload a 10-25 minute video and we are unable to use the laptop or our smart tv while it loads.

 As well if support is received, it could fulfill my life long dream, which is to earn money on my own, working at what I love and can do, being an artist. You may already know the progressive neuromuscular disorder I was born with, Spinal Muscular Atrophy 3, has meant depending on the help of others physically and financially (like my husband's retirement pension supporting us). I shared my thoughts and experiences on that topic in the video below.
Watch the video below.
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
So if you want, please Watch the video right here below

No comments: