Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Twenty Years Of Marriage. Romance. Testing Out Waterless Shampoo

 


About forty years ago, I began discovering the challenges of hygiene and physical accessibility. Times

like when I was recovering from a broken leg or spine surgeries, staying at my parents home (unable to freely access a bath tub or shower), or even if I went away where access to easy bathing methods were a challenge. I even tried getting hair permanents (curling hair with rollers and a chemical solution wreaking of ammonia) that dries out your hair, even burning some off. Resulting in hopeful curls or waves, trying to delay that oily greasy hair thing. 

If you've ever been recovering from surgery, illness or live with a physical challenge like I have since childhood, then you know what I am talking about. In fact when you are in the hospital, you may also have experienced sponge or bed baths. What's that you ask? It means a nurse sets a bowl of warm water
by your bedside with a washcloth (not usually a  sponge), bar of soap and towel in hand. I remember it happening daily. Depending how long I was to be laid up for, my hair was never washed in bed, so no matter how clean I may have felt after, the greasy hair feeling increased daily. Back then I never heard of dry or waterless shampoos (which is what this video is about). You know how icky your head and body can feel when you can bath. Hard to believe that in the middle ages bathing was apparently annually if it all! 

Watch Video Here


People don't talk about this much so I want to share ideas, reviews and offer what I can to help anyone with mobility issues that want to know ways of feeling clean even when you can't access the shower. Today I want to share a video Craig and I made last year, that I totally forgot about, testing out something called waterless shampoo. Watch to see if it was successful or not.

No comments: