Sunday, June 7, 2020

Walking, Way Overrated: Vlog - The Morning After Sleeping In My Wheelchair. AKA Camping Out

Vlog - I was up at 430am, after a short campout night in our living room. Why are we "camping out" in our living room? See what I saw as I vlog The Morning After Sleeping In My Wheelchair. I am up and free to go outside at 430 in the morning. Well by the time the sun can be seen, it's closer to 530am, I think.

For anyone new, I have been sleeping in my power tilt wheelchair a night or two a week, initially because I have been in need of hiring a new personal care attendant. With only one PCA during this life altering Covid pandemic, hiring had been put on hold and now difficult because our Government is giving away emergency money to folks. Which is beneficial to those who lost work due to the pandemic. However, the PCA work with myself, is considered Essential work. Without my one PCA, I wouldn't be able to physically survive. PCA's assist with critical tasks of life like getting into and out of bed. That's just the beginning. I have been hiring and managing my own care for over twenty years... That's the long and the short of it.

So, in spite of having one Attendant until we can hire, still I wanted her to have a night/morning off. Once I discovered the back foam/shape of my power wheelchair was comfortable enough, I decided I could do it. Of course without God's Amazing Grace and my wonderful husband, I couldn't! 

Yes, stay bent too long in our wheelchair isn't good for the body. But one night a week, is worth the perks camping out in our living room. (my husband transfers to our futon to sleep.) The bonuses, I get to stay up as late as I want and as you'll see below, have even more adventures...

Watch The morning after my most recent Campout Below:


No comments: